Steven C. Stroud, M.D., specializes in advanced heart failure and left ventricular assist devices (LVAD) and serves as the director of pulmonary hypertension at Oklahoma Heart Institute.
Dr. Stroud said, “Being a physician gives me the opportunity to help others at their most vulnerable moments. In particular, I chose to focus on advanced heart failure and pulmonary hypertension because I enjoy the challenge of treating these complex illnesses and helping patients accomplish their goals.”
Dr. Stroud understands that life is full of surprises and unexpected turns, but he still prides himself in providing care and addressing patient and family concerns through it all. Dr. Stroud wants patients to know that he will provide support where needed and work with a team mentality approach to find a path forward.
When Dr. Stroud isn’t working at the hospital, he enjoys hanging out with family, friends and his dogs.
Dr. Stroud’s education includes:
• Fellowship in advanced heart failure at Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City, 2022
• Fellowship in cardiology at Sarver Heart Center at the University of Arizona, 2021
• Residency at the University of Arizona Department of Medicine, 2018
• Medical degree at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine, 2015
• Bachelor of Science degree in biology at Southwest Oklahoma State University (SWOSU), 2010
He welcomes new patients and accepts most insurance plans at the following location:
Oklahoma Heart Institute Hospital
1120 S. Utica Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74104
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 918-592-0999.